What is Parvovirus ?

By sophea ◇ - 7:46 AM






Heyo guys and assalamualaikum . Good night too ^^ I've been thinking to post about parvovirus since forever . Alhamdulillah today , fortunately i have enough time to make this entry . I really super sad when i lost 4 kittens ( they only 4 weeks sobs sobs ) and 1 cat (still missing and suspected to be infected neither idk she still alive or not )

Let me introduce you guys what is parvovirus and the disease is Feline Infectious Enteritis (FIE).

Parvovirus  is type of virus that'll infect gastrointestinal of young puppy and kittens .All i can remember at last 3 days , my kittens still look ok but exhausted and not active like before . The next day , they keep vomited the milk that they drank from their mother.I thought its because her mom had a fever . But the next day they dont drink anymore and lost weight drastically and causing fatal death.I never know its parvovirus till i saw on the twitter some random people tweeted about it . When i do a search , they facing the same situation like me .In fact , some of them losing around 10 of cats . I never aware when in peak of corona virus there also sudden attack from parvovirus.


Treatment ?

Thats so sad that theres no treatment at all . I mean you can survive your pets by vaccine them (help i'm poor).But dont you have to worry because it wont attack human .But usually we can relate parvovirus with dogs and not cats.The time on incubation is 2-10 days.

How virus can infected them ?

By stool , ingestion of food on foor (dirty place) , as well as environment . Also , can be transmitted from the dog .So right after that my sister and i clean the whole part in this house with clorox . Since , i  still have 2 cats left and i can't afford to lose them too.


Theres so sad when my healthy kittens just dead . I can describe their pain at end of their live . It so hurt to see them like that .
That moment when i have to bury them :( i miss you guys a lot ( nami , kimchi,leo , haru ,mato ) .They left me 2 days before 'raya aidilfitri' . Lol me , i already plan to take picture with them in the morning of eid .Nvm , i believe they,re in better place :) they arent sick anymore , they can eat , run whenever they want . see you when i see you :")



lesson learn : saving so that i can vaccine them  , always make sure homie clean , do not allow any stray cat to enter house , strict curfew (no more midnight walk)




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments